Peachtree Charter Middle School (PCMS), located in Dunwoody, Georgia is a DeKalb County middle school educating students in grades 6, 7, and 8.
PCMS shares many similarities with other successful academic environments, yet offers even more. As a Charter School, we are allowed the freedom and the responsibility of site-based management. This means
that while the State curriculum is followed, we have been given County and State approval to move beyond and extend further to enhance our students’ education based on our students’ needs. As our charter document states, our school’s goals are to:
- Improve upon the current curriculum and textbooks;
- Involve parents in decision-making and school governance;
- Develop a school-wide discipline plan to enhance school climate;
- Provide measurable academic performance improvement criteria;
- Increase parent involvement and communication with the school;
- Qualify for grants to fund technology, facilities, and programs;
- Use staff development funds to maximize student performance and achievement; and
- Integrate Multiple Intelligences strategies into the curriculum and instructional delivery.
What makes PCMS special? Our mission statement sums it up: Through a spirit of teamwork, Peachtree Charter Middle School supports students in realizing their academic and personal dreams.